EXHAUSTED!



Hot So Cal day. Instead of driving to deliver something this afternoon I decided to walk...and brought along Sally.

Half way into the trip I was a little too far gone. Driving and walking, well...you get this idea.

I brought water and a small container for Sally and tried to water her three times. On the entire trip she took a few sips. Comparing this to any other dog I've walked, they would have devoured the drink. Not Sally.

So I wonder, does Sally not drink on a hot day and long walk because of her timidity and inherit wildness and fear? She had to be thirsty...right?

I tried to leave the water near her and moved about ten feet away and took a rest. Still no drink.

That's so Sally.

We got home and she's knocked out now two hours later. I just woke up myself after a nap. My legs are a little sore, and I know this is the longest walk she has had.

If she wouldn't drink, I cooled her by pouring water on her coat and belly.

No comments: