Black Monday

.
(for those who like a good story…)

I could say it was one of THOSE days! Well, I guess it really was.

I woke up with a sick little Zoey. Emailing the rescue director she said the symptoms I described did not look good, in fact it might be Parvo…whatever THAT was.

A quick Google and I find out Parvo ain’t good at all…it is a deadly disease for puppies.

Off to the vet…

After a few hours the verdict is in, Zoey does indeed have Parvo. The poor little girl had three shots, an IV solution running, and a drive on a very hot day in a car with no air conditioning.

At the vet I was told to see a specific pharmacist for one last medication. I already have about six meds as it stands, all with specific directions to kill this bloody disease.

At the pharmacy, I drop off the prescription and go back to the car to stay with Zoey. I return with dog in arms (the gal working behind the desk said it was OK to bring the dog inside) and wait some more.

My order is up and the woman says, “That will be $68.”

“Whaaaat?”

I thought I was just picking up meds, I don’t have any money. I ran out the door to take the dog to the vet…

“Do you want to speak to the pharmacist?”

I end up having to use their phone to call the vet and figure out what happened. Turns out the vet can’t help. Now I have to tell the pharmacist I can’t pay for the meds, which needs to be refrigerated and has a shelf life of ten days starting NOW.

In the mean time, Zoey is being watched by a helpful patron until she loses the dog due to the fact she uses a cane and isn’t mobile. Zoey ends up walking behind the counter in the back room where a pharmacist wearing a hair net walks out with her.

Is this yours?

I am pissed at this moment wondering what happened. I take Zoey and try to keep her cool on the drive home.

When we get home I feed her the special canned food. She hasn’t eaten for almost two days and gobbles up the food, walks to the sliding glass door and vomits it all up.

Only problem is I saw just a small part of her deposit, then wonder why there are so many flies near the door a half hour later.

Ohhhhhhh…

She had a lot more to say to the left of the carpet. YUCK!

I finally lay her down in a cool place and she drifts off to sleep.

I call the pharmacy to fix the med problem. They have my name and number for the meds and I told him I would figure out what happened. These meds will go bad if they are not used.

Checking my email there is another dog in crises with a liver problem and the rescue director and I are not exactly on the same page regarding the pharmacy thing after several exchanges online.

What next?

Sally, my other foster sits all day in the bathroom so I decided to take her for a walk. As we walk down the street I see Mr Wonderful. I secretly wish he says something to me, still peeved over our last engagement.

At the very end of the block the most obnoxious little white dog that terrorizes all who walk by jets out after Sally.

NO WAY…NOT TODAY!

I yell at the dog to get back as she tries to nip at Sally’s back legs. This dog doesn’t just try to bite once, she keeps coming at ya several times. The owner’s have done nothing to gap the hole in the fence and all the neighbor’s are upset.

This is how bad things happen to dogs that run free!

On the way back the dog tries once again to get Sally. When I get home I go to the computer and write a NICE letter to the home owner, march down the street, and put it in their mailbox.

As I get to my house I notice the new tenant renting the small guest house across the street has once again blocked the driveway making it very difficult to pull cars in and out.

Another problem to resolve and another letter to the landlord who I know well. If the tenant spoke English I could try to speak with her, but...

I check on Zoey and she does not look well.

Waiting to hear about what’s going to happen with Zoey, I continue to exchange emails with some of the rescue workers about the pharmacy issue, Zoey’s condition, and who’s gong to pick her up later that evening.

I work on my PayPal account for the blog here and finally get it working. Then I get a donation to cover a lot of the day’s vet bill for Zoey.

Amazing!

Waiting for Zoey to be picked up I get an email from a friend. Her father passed away. She says this is the most painful day of her life. What do you say to that?

Trying to filter out all of the day's events I figure I might as well blog on it. After typing this post I try to publish only to have blogger tell me I can't...there's an HTML error.

Give me a break will ya!

This is exactly the way I post every time. Now the posts are all blue and my settings are zonked out. I can't go to sleep with this not working so I type it over in Edit Html.

I had to end the day with a success.


What a day!


P.S.--I shared this story in greater detail and emotion to a friend. He said, "Why do you hassle with all of this?"

I emailed him the picture of Zoey below a few posts, sick on the couch. nuff said.

.

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

Wow tough day. Thanks for fighting for Zoey.

I'm selling some DVDs to raise money to support her care.

Go Z - o - e - y.

San said...

your blog looks awesome.where did you get that dog from or whom did you by from.meet meat my blog
http://www.poems-of-nature.blogspot.com/