Back 2 Sally

Now that Mocha is gone--boo hoo--I can hang with Sally more. I took her for a long walk and it is clear that both Sparky & Mocha had a big impact on her confidence.

She walked without any hesitation, even pulled ahead of me several time. She still is fearful, timid, and very nervous...like Don Knotts drinking too many Red Bulls.

I then took a chance...
With Sparky I would take her on runs with my bike. This is not for the faint of heart. I have it down now, but it came with trial and error and a few cuts and scratches along the way.

I can take the dogs on a walk/run while riding my bike. It is great for me because I can really get them running. I try not to do this too often on hard surfaces and we go when it's cool to avoid hot pavements.

Tonight I did this with Sally and it was a monumental event!

She ran with me for a few blocks and moderate speed. This dog can really fly when she wants to. She is extremely agile and fast.

When I rode past my house she wanted to enter the driveway, still longing to nest, seeking safety and security. Nevertheless, she has come a long way. Still needs to relax more to be adoptable however.



.

No comments: