Meet Zoey

.
I took Crazy Ivan on our last walk together today. I met a wonderful couple that has been living in the neighborhood for over forty years. Again, one of the blessings of dog walkin'

I will miss Ivan...loved that crazy dog!!!

I come home tonight at around 9:45pm and I see three young ladies running out of my driveway. Interesting.

I pull into my driveway and two of the gals come back. They just dropped off Zoey in my house. I asked them to introduce the little puppy to me, and like most dog fosters, they were very nice with a big heart.

Out of the crate comes this little bundle of joy named Zoey. She is now sniffing her way around the house. Her tail is wagging and she smells both Ivan and Sally.

She appears to be secure as she just walked outside in the back yard by herself. Like Ivan the first night, it's head down to the ground and the sniffer is working full time.

Zoey is a 3 month old Dane mix comes from the South LA Shelter.

She will receive her booster vaccine on Monday and be spayed on Thursday. She has a mild skin condition which the vets have not been able to diagnose, but they figure it’s Demodex which is a non-contagious form of mange that came about because she was malnourished. She just needs a medicated bath every few days and that’s all.

Hey…I love giving baths! I use my old hamster bin I bought at Wal-Mart…you know that HUGE 14 gallon clear plastic oversized laundry basket! My old hamster Amp, R.I.P., loved all the room, and now it’s a perfect bath tub.

The sad part of the story is Ivan might have a new home. I hate to see him go! This is the catch to fostering, dogs like Mocha and now Crazy Ivan. UGH!



.

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

Goodbye Ivan. We'll miss you.

Chai - you're one cute little pup/

Anonymous said...

OMG...SHe's SO cute...I want her!!!