Itchy Dog




Ivan has really had a bout of the itches since I've gotten him. It's progressed and when I take his collar off he really goes at it. last night I gave him Promeris to combat the fleas.

His stitches come out soon and hopefully any other cause for the itching be it allergies will be addressed. He really hasn't had a day without some type of condition. I can't wait for him to just be a dog.

He's also really started to be the watchdog. For the first several days he seemed unaware of outside noises. Not anymore. This morning he woke me up like Sparky would by jumping out of bed and barking as he races towards the front door.

Sparky's bark was like a high pitched siren. At least Ivan's bark is more like a lower pitched ruff. I've put up a blanket to cover the front door, eliminating distractions like the cat next door that likes to walk in the driveway or the neighbor's starting their car.

With Sparky, the barking from a dead sleep was a real problem. I would jump out of a sleep with heart racing...and then I'd be UP. I hated this! All part of having dogs. Like a chess game, I have to find another strategy to make things work.

No comments: