Serendipity

  • Serendipity: the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.
Since becoming involved with dog rescue something wonderful has happened. I've been introduce to my neighbors. Only tonight on a walk did I meet a woman who lives down the street, passionate about boxers. We spoke for 15 minutes and her daughter comes out. Then the boyfriend drives up who has two pitbuls. It was like we were at a camp fire.

Dogs have a way of cutting through the walls between strangers, allowing the joy of conversation restored. If I was just walking alone, there might have been a courteous "hi" and then move on. I find myself waving at someone watering their lawn with the dogs and almost always initiating the proverbial, "hi" as I walk by with the dog(s).

It was a little humbling to know such wonderful people live down the street and if it wasn't for Ivan we would have never met.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool...LOVE the blog...check it daily