Another Zoey Update

Zoey is currently being nursed to health by the rescue director. Here's the latest update on her progress;

Zoey is doing great. She is going to get me evicted, though, since she’s no longer content to lay in her crate and relax – instead she screams her head off until I go and hold her or take her for a walk. Goofy girl.

She is potty trained. I am stunned. But she will hold it until I take her out for a walk. Who knew a 3 month old puppy (with Parvo!?!) could act like that?

Her appetite is fantastic, her energy level is good.

She has scary bloody diarrhea, though. But I imagine that will resolve in the next day or two – then its back to Joe’s she goes – she likes it MUCH better there!!!!

She really, really, really wants to play with my girls [other dogs]. It would be mildly irresponsible to let her, but if she keeps screaming I will have no choice. I am really happy with her progress thus far.

Unfortunately, the other dog that is ill, Brownie, has gone blind and her surgery costs $2300. She is very ill. These decisions are the most difficult for those involved with rescue. They are trying to take out grants to raise support and might get a break from the vet. All part of the other side of dog rescue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news 4 zoey..yeah
sorry bout brownie tho
ive gone thru this and its painful i know..hang in there

Kraig McNutt said...

What is Zoey's prognosis?