Livin' Together



Sally and Zoey are getting along well. I was a little concerned the first day, which I've learned to not take too seriously as a foster. Sally seemed protective of her space and I heard a cry or two from Zoey...I think.

Sally and Zoey never bark so it's hard to tell who really is yelping at night when it's dark and I'm not observing their behavior.

What I have noticed is Sally seems playful in a more independent way. Zoey is no threat to the ever fearful Sally. Sally is the queen and she can take more chances. I saw her running around with a chew toy outside this morning...something she has never done before.

Zoey is so much more fragile than the other dogs I've had. Sure she's a 3 month old puppy, but she is also very skinny. Her rib cage protrudes when she lies down. She needs to gain weight to balance out. Because of this, I need to be mindful of how I pick her up.

I've not had a puppy before and to be frank am paralyzed be her cuteness. God is amazing to create something like this. She has those big innocent eyes that look upward as she sits and looks on, wondering what life is about...watching, smelling, hearing.


.

6 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

Sounds like Sally is clearly the pack leader huh?

Zoey is a beautiful dog. Great name too. The Greek word 'Zoe' means "life".

Joe said...

Good to know! Sounds like you studied Greek or something...

PS--Nice pic

Anonymous said...

i've observed the care u have for your dogs. zoey will be fine. the couple of beers u gave her didn't help but that's okay your new to all this. sally is doing better. awesome

Anonymous said...

i've observed the care u have for your dogs. zoey will be fine. the couple of beers u gave her didn't help but that's okay your new to all this. sally is doing better. awesome

Anonymous said...

just kidding about the cervazas, she'll running circles around u.

Joe said...

No brew...

She threw up tonight so not sure what's up with Zoey.