UPDATE on ZOEY

After Zoey was picked up last night from the rescue director...

Well, Zoey is holding her own. I am really, really, really proud of her. She was NOT feeling well last night and since she gets car sick, the ride to my house only made it worse. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep her at home for more than the night if she couldn’t keep anything down.

But I started by letting her lap at baby food a teaspoon at a time and then I’d wait a half an hour and if she didn’t throw up, we’d have some more. It took all night, but at lunch she ate about a half a cup of I/D mixed with baby food. AND she didn’t vomit.

I am so proud of her. She’s keeping down all the meds, especially the Tamiflu, though she doesn’t love any of it. And no hideous diarrhea or anything. She’s hot, but not too restless.

I put her crate on my bed right in front of the chair I slept in and I spent most of the night watching her sleep (and waking her up over and over to get her to eat and drink).

She is one precious puppy. She sleeps all curled up in a tiny ball. Koko gave her one of the brand new toys she had so Zoey cuddled with that all night. Today at lunch, she jumped out of the crate right into my arms, wiggly and waggly. A very good sign. We even went for a short walk and she knows to potty outside.

She wore out after 2 minutes, but still, great progress. She still has the “Parvo Puppy Eyes” and she’s not feeling great, but she is DEFINITELY hanging in there. I pray we caught it early enough that she will never get really bad.

If this is the worst she is, we are LUCKY! She can’t wait to be healthy enough to romp around at Joe’s again, but she’s being a good girl and is resting and concentrating on getting better. We’re on a four hour cycle of foods, meds, fluids, etc. so it’s just a matter of getting her through the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome...she is so precious. life is worth fighting for! you guys are great.

CC