Zoey's Last Night

Looks like this is going to be Zoey's last night with me.

She has been adopted and the exchange should be tomorrow night.

We have been through a lot together...mange, Parvo, a cold, now itching.
She has brought so much joy to my life...and full of life she is.

I will miss...
Her chewing all my household things.
Playing tug o' war with her using a t-shirt or towel.
Chasing after her in the yard when she chewed on her favorite toy.
Listening to her snore at night.
Watching her sleep so peacefully.
Seeing her happy and loving life.
Seeing her play with Sally and seeing Sally enjoy life because of Zo's ability to allow other dogs to let their guard down.
Walking her.
Her stubbornness and strong will.

...basically everything!

Past Zoey posts;

Meet Zoey
Parvo Concern
Zoey Back in Town
Zo Zo A Little Star
How to Deal w/a Hyper Pup
Monday Morning Romp
Afternoon Delight
Zo Behind Bars


.

3 comments:

Matthew Soren! said...

Bye Zoey! I'm glad you will be getting a forever home!

You do such great things Joe, it is amazing. And thanks for the comment on my blog that is encouraging and it helps me to see that you have faith in me and my journey to China or to where ever I may go.

You should come visit me in China sometime! That would be pretty awesome.

Kraig McNutt said...

Okay, I hate this part of the rescuing - saying goodbye.

We love you Zoey! Enjoy your new home.

Great job JV. You must be very proud.

Joe said...

Zoey has a new home with two young kids and a new mom and dad.

Yes...very hard. We went through a lot together.

But George is happy. He's sleeping on the kitchen floor. Zoey pretty much ruled the house.

Sally will miss Zoey the most however. Zoey brought the best out in Sally. In fact, when I got home tonight I let Sally out and walked George.

As we walked up the driveway, I heard Sally barking. She NEVER barks. She knew Zoey was gone. Dog's just know. She's very sad right now. Zoey was the only friend she ever really had. They played every day for hours together.