Here Comes George!

.
UPDATE on Ol' George
: Wed 7am

George was most likely NOT a bait dog. He never killed another dog either. There was a lot of misinformation. So far, he has reacted very well with Zoey & Sally.

If anything, Sally is the one who has been amped up. The first time she went out on the yard with George in pen, she was aggressive and very animated. She barked a few times, tail wagging. This is unheard of for Sally. Strange indeed!


UPDATE on Ol' George: Wed 4pm

George is doing good. He got a bath and has been out of the run in the backyard. My neighbor's male dog came out and there was some aggression, mostly on the cockier spaniel's end and George starts howling in what sounds like a dolphin. Strange. He was OK and there will need to be conditioning. I will hang a white shirt on the fence to let the neighbor's know George is out of his run. We share a fence together.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

life is sweeeet!

Tuesday 9:20pm


OK...George is outside sleeping.

Overall, things worked out well. I have learned that ANY new dog will be amped up for at least two hours. George was no different.

I sorely regret telling my neighbor this was a killer dog. Yes, George did get very excited when Zoey came out, but after a little while, they warmed up to each other. Zoey was fearless and very curious.

The one thing I did which seemed to work really well was simple...FEED HIM!

And fed him I did. I wanted him to know that every time he came into contact with me it was pleasant and pleasurable. Dogs love to eat.

I took Zoey with me to get some snacks, one called Bag O' Bones. It's basically boned meat that looks kinda gross, but dogs love it. It's greasy and tasty. George devoured them.

I set up a chew toy hanging from the orange tree branch behind the run he could chew on. He grabbed it and ran into the dog house flipping the top off. I better screw that sucka on tight.

In time, George ignored Zoey and focused only on me and the next treat. This operative conditioning worked well because Zoey went out solo and he never became aggressive.

I have high hopes for George.

What was strange was Sally. When she went out instead of running away from the run, she ran to it. I got nervous. Sally is VERY agile and can leap like a gazelle.

Because she is so hard to know, I was concerned how she might react. I immediately put her back inside. An hour later I tried to take her out and she wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I will have some adjustments as well. One is closing the sliding glass door. I always have it cracked for Zo to go outside. I will have to pull back on this until I am positive it will be safe.

Oh...my neighbor tells me tonight they received notice that coyotes are running loose in the neighborhood. Interesting. Not concerned about George however. He can handle himself just fine.

finally got G to stand still

looks like a bull here

curious

G puked...I guess dogs like that sorta thing
no attention towards Zo...that's a good thing


you callin' me?

good lookin' dude



ok...that's it...long day...I'm out!


1 comment:

Kraig McNutt said...

Look's like St. George to me. Great looking dog.