Zo-Zo a Little Star

.
I thought I'd take Zoey on a walk today...actually a hike at my favorite local park. I was dragging so beforehand I hit a corner store for that 5 Hour energy drink. Sucka costs me $2.70 for about 2 ounces. The kid in line told me the stuff is killer...really helps him during finals week.

I wanted to see if Zoey's strength would endure a hike that is 50% up hill and 50% down.

If the walk was a ballgame, she hit it out of the park! We walked the trail and she sniffed basically everything. At this pace, it would be a three hour commitment together.

As we were walking, it occurred to me she probably has NEVER been in the woods or in nature to this extent. No wonder she was so amazed at everything. Another blessing a little dog can humble you with.

As we continued, I took her leash off. She usually tags along my side. I wanted to see how far she would stray, testing her limits and boundaries. She was great. Any time she obsessed over a smell, quickly she ran to catch up.

That 5 Hour energy drink did NOTHING for me! In fact, I was super tired. Evidently it has the opposite reaction on me. Zoey, my once sick little doggy was Miss Nuclear Energy and I was burnt toast. Yes...the irony is thick.

I usually don't take the route along the creek, but this time I thought I'd go for it. With leash off she followed into the water, over the rocks, and through the brush. The further we explored, the more energetic she became, like a kid at an amusement park where one ride only creates a stronger desire for another.

I traveled the creek beyond the normal turning point and ran into a tree blocking the way. Zoey figured out how to maneuver around the tree and we both climbed a 45 degree incline. Back on the trail I was exhausted. She was pumped for more.

At this point, I knew the Parvo was defeated! It was her eyes. The Parvo sucked the life out of her eyes and now they shine bright. I don't have the words to express...a poet I am not, but I know you get what I mean. She has life back in her eyes.


Togehter we walked down the road to a nearby mall with a large fountain. She jumped in, cleaned off, a got a cool bath. All the kids wanted to pet her and she became a star. She stood tall soaking in the affection. Who could have imagined that only a week ago she was as limp as a noodle, fate in question.

I have been so humbled by the strangers to this blog who have donated money to her medical expenses or left a encouraging comment. We might be strangers by location, but not in heart. I bet you are the ones who say hello back to me when I walk the dogs.

I thought about this today. For every ten people I greet, nine just walk on as though they were hearing impaired. Then there's that 10th person that has a warm smile and we talk dogs for a few minutes.

Something tells me those who have helped or left a comment are that 10th person!
.



.

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

You can definitely see the life in her eyes. I'm so glad she appears to have beaten Parvo. Wow!

Go ZO-ey!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful news that Zoey is doing so well! She's a cute dog.

By the way, I noticed 5 Hour Energy didn't do anything for you... you might want to try 6 Hour Power. It comes in 5 different flavors and provides long-lasting energy. I think it makes a great pick me up.

I work with them, so if you have any questions about the drink feel free to ask me. Have a great day, and give Zoey a nice pat on the back! :)

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com