Unexpected George Behavior

.
Last night George was laying on the couch like always. I was next to him asleep. I had to get up and rolled off the couch. Like I always do, I rolled him back and was giving him a pat on the head when he snapped at me with a loud bark and bite.

WHAT?

In an instant my relationship with George changed.

He became animal again to me.

It was humbling...very much so.

I have humanized G too much. I know that, but thought we were treading down a new path. That we had a super connection.

I was bummed...can't lie about that.


.

3 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

Why do you think he snapped at you? Has the couch become his turf in his mind?

Joe said...

Probably...it was weird...a reaction. He is known to "snap" w/o cause.

I got right back on the couch with him after that and again the next night.

No way one bad experience is gonna make me back down from this mutt.

All the dogs I get were on the red list to be killed, so yes, I did save his life, along with a team of those who care.

You know what they say...
"Saving just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog"

Anonymous said...

Being woken up suddenly is one of the times when a dog is most likely to snap at someone, from what I've heard.