Sally the Miracle Dog


The following is 100% true.

Tonight I took Sally for a run on my bike like I usually do.
It was during the World Series, bottom of the 7th inning.
I taped the rest of the game before I left.

About four blocks from the house Sally stops and her
collar comes off. This has never happened. I have dropped
the leash before and she runs beside me.

Tonight I look back and she was gone.

The street was black with no lights, Sally is black, and she
was nowhere to be seen.

Sally is very fearful and her pattern is to find a corner after
ten feet of moving and sit still.

I looked behind every bush, under every car, walked
up and down the street, then started over again.

After 20 minutes I rode my bike home to get a flashlight
and started all over again.

I prayed God would help me find her if it was His will.
I would look all night literally if I had to.

When I got the flashlight I know I closed the front door
because George, my other foster dog was inside.

I took the light and rode up and down the street where
she was lost, looked every conceivable place.

I prayed for the second time that if it is God's will
she show up, if not, I accept the outcome.

After another thirty minutes I rode to the following block up
and down asking anyone who was walking if they saw a small German Shepherd pup.

I decided it was time to go home and get the car. Maybe
the headlights would help me see her.

I rode home, opened the door and got my keys. I went to
the bathroom and looked to the floor and Sally was on her bed.

I literally thought this was all a dream.

I just looked at her...stunned.

HOW could she get inside the house?

How did she know where the house was?

Was she inside when I came back the first time to get the
flashlight?

How did she get inside the first time?

Was this a dream?

The TV was on and the ballgame was over.

Did she come inside the first time when the door was open
as I got the flashlight?

HOW DID SHE GET TO THE HOUSE!!!

All is can say is this is the most bazaar thing that might have ever happened to me.

Sally NEVER walks more than a few feet...and then she hides in a corner, not moving. That's her pattern. She doesn't walk the streets, especially when she has to cross corners.

The following was the path she had to take home.

Thank you Lord...thank you!


* click on image for larger view

Oh...to add to this crazy night, before I ran Sally on my bike, I first ran George and Albert each for thirty minutes. When I was riding with Albert, a car pulled next to me and asked if I saw a Doberman Pincher puppy. It was lost!

Then about five minutes later, a van drove after me...in reverse...got right up next to me, a Hispanic male looked at me, then drove off.

WEIRD NIGHT!!!

3 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

That's an easy one.

She a Phillies fan and wanted to finish watching the game!

Wow dude.

God is very good.

Stephen said...

Awesome story bro!

Matthew Soren! said...

Miracle dog she is! You should keep her!