G - FORCE

My neighbor plays a lot of tennis and I asked him for some old balls. He gave me new looking t-balls...I guess he uses them once.

George needs some mental stimulation, not just exercise from walks. When I got the t-ball I used a razor blade to cut small holes on both sides. Then I took a nylon tie rope and pulled it through both ends with a knot to hold the ball.

THE BEST TOY GEORGE EVER HAD!!!

Let's just say this thing worked!

I threw it around the yard and George, the dog w/t lame paw, put it in high gear and ran after that t-ball like he was hunting rabbit. We did this for about 20 minutes. G was panting like he ran a marathon. I let him catch it now and then, and just when he got comfortable, I pulled the rope like holding a fishing pole. Without hesitation, G ran after it and never backed down.

I was actually getting tired at this point and decided to make it a day.

Then an idea???

As I was carrying the yellow rope w/t t-ball attached, G was obsessing over it. He grabbed it and wouldn't let it go.

I love this aggression and thought we would do a tug-o-war but read how this wasn't a good thing to do with strong aggressive dogs like pitbulls, so I wrapped the rope around my orange tree.

OH MY GOSH!

Pitbulls have a grip that is almost impossible to break once they get it going. I finally experienced this firsthand.

George would not let the t-ball go! I was amazed at how strong this tennis ball actually was.

After about 10 minutes (that's a long time to keep an intense grip) he finally started to loosen up. He lost the ball, but instead of resting, he immediately went back after it and held again for another few minutes.

This was white shark type film footage happening here!

When he finally finished the ball was trashed.


Huffing and panting he rested for a bit, them I put the t-ball at the very end of the G's leash. He had about 6 inches to the ball and went in hyper obsessive mode.

Finally, G let it go ONLY after I hid the t-ball and rope.


I experienced G - FORCE up close and personal tonight. Pretty cool.

I can use this as a training/rehabilitation exercise for him to submit to me as pack leader. When he gets all amped up like this, he MUST submit.

This will provide excellent training when he has to be around other dogs...and maybe one day w/o the leash!


.

2 comments:

Kraig McNutt said...

Now that is cool. It's amazing how something so simple can be used to channel aggressive energy. It has to get out somewhere.

Not be preachy, but that is a metaphor for a major reason why the public school system is a time-bomb for so many young males.

Boys are becoming men in high school and some of incredible pent up aggression and anger. The system does not know how to deal with it besides telling boys to behave and quit being so darn aggressive.

A line in some novel or something goes like this, "We castrate stallion then bid the gelding to be fruitful."

Joe said...

No preaching...and not JUST the PSS...all school systems in general because MOST elementary, public or private is a woman's world from top to bottom.

There is a MAJOR problem with boys and the early yeas in school. 50% of the students are boys, and 20% of the 50% are aggressive.

Ask me to tell you a classic story of how I got involved and shut down by the YARD DUTY TEACHER--