Always Learning


Dogs are funny!

Got an email from Mocha's adoption worker that a family is interested in her. Tomorrow we meet in a local park. I was sad about her possibly leaving me even after a week. I really took to her.

So I went on a long walk with her and Sally in case it might be our last together. After the hike in the woods (well, woods for So Calif that is), I always walk the dogs to a nearby mall. At the front of the mall area is a large waterfall/fountain with a pool about three feet deep.

By this time the dogs are hot and a cool dip is refreshing. Mocha jumps in the water and starts hopping around like a bunny. Then she jumps out and begins to run wildly. This is unlike her as she usually walks slowly and has low energy.

Then she jumps on Sally and grabs hold of her. I pull her back and she jumps on her again. This was weird behavior. Mocha was so amped up after the water she was bouncing all around. I had to walk her to calm her down, and even then it took some time.

I noticed her eyes looked intense and she wasn't present. She now acted like Sparky, who was always ADHD in public, super alert at everything. Mocha was the same way. As we walked to the car, an older lady happened to be putting her granddaughter in the car. Then she started cleaning what looked like a larger Golden Retriever to enter the car after a walk in the wooded area.

Mocha who usually remains calm rushed the dog and I was pulling back the leash. She went on her back legs and was almost vertical. All to say she was so hyped after jumping in that water.

Thirty minutes later she calmed down and eventually was back to normal. When we got home she crashed on the carpet for a long nap and belly rub.

No comments: