Bizarre Behavior???


I'm tired this very early Sunday morning, but I have to record what I just witnessed.

The way I currently deal with making sure the dogs go to the bathroom outside properly is let them out when I first wake in bed. So this morning I did this like I have for months.

The way to get Sally outside is to walk into the bathroom where she likes to stay and call her out. She will stand up and quickly walk through the living room and outside the sliding glass door to the backyard.

Usually the other dog, Sparky--last week--or now Mocha will follow on their own if they need to go outside.

I am still a little nervous how Mocha and Sally will get along together.

When Sparky was around for about a month, late night, I would hear what sounded like prancing or a dog running in spurts...almost like dancing.

This got me up to check things out. Sally would dance around Sparky by lunging at her and then quickly bouncing away like she had springs in her feet ala Flubber.

This morning Sally took this up a notch. She was prancing at Mocha until Mocha was becoming annoyed...and I was actually concerned that Sally would need me to intervene.

S a l l y !


All day long, Sally sits in one place, never freely roaming around the house like a normal dog does...she just sits in one place and might grunt a little when I walk by or after I pet her. That's it!

So to see her aggressively prancing, dancing, springing about was bizarre.

Only yesterday during a brief conversation did the plumber tell me he has a black German Shepherd with long legs and a thin body prance about. When he said that a light when on as to what Sally was doing late at night with Sparky. Then this morning she took it up a notch.

When Sally pranced and lunged at Mocha she bounced (literally) back or to the side extremely fast. Mocha could not catch her if she wanted to. This is what was bizarre. I knew Sally could run fast and was wound super tight, but didn't realize she was so quick on her feet.

This dog isn't just quick, she is agile and springy, capable of bouncing four to five feet at a time as though in a former time she lunged at prey or attacked an enemy and then bounced back extremely fast.

Sally looked like she was playing with Mocha...which in itself is bizarre because she seems catatonic all day long. Immediately after returning to the bathroom she went back to her stoic behavior to nest until the next trip outside.

The whole thing was just weird.

No comments: