Perfect Christmas Gift


The Almost Indestructible Ball

I love the way they advertise it as the ALMOST...

I George's case this is wise. He has destroyed EVERY toy I have made for him. Any and all balls have been shredded in a matter of minutes.

The 10" ball is reasonably priced at $9.99

If it lasts a month I'd be very happy. This way G can run around the yard and be in motion and never sink his guns into the ball to pop it.

What's your doggie gift list look like?

=================================================

Becoming Albert Proof

Since Albert got out this past week, I had to Albert proof my yard. He's the first dog to attempt escape. I thought if the yard held Crazy Ivan I was OK. Albert challenged that notion.

I found some old fencing in my front yard buried under ivy and shrub. It probably hadn't been used in 20 years. It almost connected with the other fence, but fell about three feet short. I put up the chicken wire I had that Albert jumped over to connect the two fences, but thought it wouldn't hold.

I went next door to get a drill from my neighbor and he offered some plywood. I drilled a few holes and tied it to the two fences. At the local OSH Home Center I bought four looped screws, wire, and cement.

I dug a two feet hole where the blue oval is and cemented the metal post. Then I screwed the loops in by hand, put up the fence and chicken wired it up.

Overall, it worked out well.

I field tested it by tempting Al to jump over it and all he could do was lean against it. He tried to do what he did before and wasn't successful. His standing jump was impressive--he came near the top. I think in his dog mind there are no more options so he hasn't tried since.

At least I purchased dog tags for everyone!
contact info deleted
.

3 comments:

A Blog In The Rough said...

Tug toys, lots of treats and new collars are on my doggies gift list this year.

Hope you have luck with the fence. My Zoe climbs over chain link fences (only when I'm not home) and we tried chicken wire to prevent her from jumping but it stopped recently working, ugh. Back to the drawing board

Joe said...

YES...I found out today Albert found the weak link in the fence. He tried to squeeze his head through.

I blocked it with a plastic bucket with some weights on the bottom.

They are cleaver!

Anonymous said...

that looks the perfect ball for george.

mongoose