George Goes to Catholic Church

.Evidently, George was best buds with my dad while I was gone over the weekend.

This was the first time I left him alone with anyone...and I find out George went to Catholic Church this Sunday!

Let me explain...my dad has been putting together a pancake breakfast at his church for over 30 years now. Four or five times a year he organizes a breakfast for the church members after each Sunday service (Mass).

To my astonishment, my pops tells me George looked bored early Sunday morning so he brought him up to church to prepare for the breakfast. Everyone loved George...he just sat inside the rec hall and laid down. All the "old ladies" loved George my dad tells me.

Keep in mind my dad is 82...so if he wants to say "old" I guess he can get away with it!

Go Figure...King George...the big bad boy goes to church. Now I can legitimately call him St. George.

I was proud of my dad doing this. It meant a lot to me. I just thought it was cool. Simple as that.


This picture does not do justice to this house. Maybe the guy is bored, trying to win a contest...just digs Christmas???

Walking St. George tonight before bed and had to grab a quick pic.

Either way, this house is the premium package. There are four separate moving features the pic doesn't show...then there's the now popular circular air Santa thingy that looks like a pre-kindergarten jumping bouncy whatchamacallit parents rent for their kids' birthday party.

People like this fascinate me. If I had a better camera, I would show how much effort was needed to put up each of the spiral lights that run in a circle, all coordinated together. It's really unbelievable.

I helped my dad take the fake tree out of the attic tonight and got tired.

The home owner even has a big bushy beard...coincidence?

Oh yeah...I changed the title page look. Be honest if you don't like it. I am seeking the quintessential title page for this blog. When I design it, let me know!
.

6 comments:

A Blog In The Rough said...

there's a guy who's quite famous here in Delaware who out does himself every year with the crazy decorations, I'll have to go see him and post some pix myself.
Will St. George be giving out doggie blessings now?

Ms. B1tch is tired tired tired...(and very hungry said...

That is Ms B's house! How'd you get that photo? (Tee.Hee. - okay, it is NOT Ms. B's house - for Ms B uses food for decorations...okay, not all food, but ...oh, how Ms B does go on!)

Ms B is grinning.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe - thanks for stopping by my MSN blog and leaving a comment about the foster program in TN.

There isn't a way to fence in where I live...I could force it, but I wouldn't, not here on the mountain. It would be a strange fence - all undulating and all *laugh*

Love your site, by the way.

Kathryn Magendie said...

PS - forgot about the cold - it does snow here every now and then -- yes. The coldest it's been since I've lived up here is 0 (or maybe slightly below) - but most times it's not that cold! however, the weather is an issue. And without a place for the dogs to snuggle - we have to consider bears and bobcats, too - so keeping dogs outside - well -- it's a consideration here in the smokies! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sure its not the Griswalds house....

good one George for going to church and charming the ladies..:)