Albert Lucky


When I got home, went outside and saw no Albert on Thursday my first thought was ...

I hope he wasn't hit by a car!

Crazy Ivan almost got hit by a car when he got out and that was scary. it was like a slow motion dream where you are out of reach when a disaster is just about to take place and in slow mo you scream, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

When I jumped on my bike to look for him, at every turn from one block to the next I cringed waiting to see him on the street, laying there injured. I thought about how I would have to race back, get my car, load him inside and go to the vet.

How would I pay the vet bill? Is he dead? How could life change so dramatically so quickly?

One thing I've realized with my foster dogs, it can be a NY Minute existence...thank you Don Henley

Ol' Al has been knocked out all day. Living the playboy lifestyle got to him. Carousing all night, cruising the local backyards looking for some tail...

Thanks again for all the kind emails...meant a lot to me!!!

Kindness always has a 100 fold return on your investment


.

4 comments:

Casper and pals said...

I just found your blog. It's awesome!

I also foster dogs though only 1 at a time as I have 3 dogs of my own. My most recent foster dog Meeko left 2 weeks ago to his new furever home and is doing excellent there. Yay! Another success!

I'm so glad you were able to find Albert and he was safe. It is so scary when one of the dogs runs off.

Even though I take all the precautions, I have had a several instances where my dog Buddy has gotten away. He loves his freedom and is thrilled to be having an adventure but puts his life at risk. When it happens it worries me endlessly.

I understand that fear everytime you turn a corner when looking for one of your lost dogs. Been there. Thank God, Buddy has always been quickly and safely found.

And thank God Albert was safe after his adventure!

Gwyn and woofs from Casper, Buddy and Nikki

Joe said...

Good to hear from ya...I'm heading over to your place now

A Blog In The Rough said...

Glad Albert was found :)

I had a slow motion thing happen when my 2 dogs went running out into a street a few months ago and one was actually hit.
The super great news was that she didn't get hurt, only a bruise on her left leg, that's it.
You're so right, things can change so quickly, it's scary sometimes.

Nibbles Treats said...

Great news! He has been on my mind all weekend. My girl Tinkerbell is a runner. She always has to be on her leash or she will look you in the eye with a gleam and a smile on her face like "Ha! Eat my dust!" There have been many a time I have hunted the neighborhood for her. I have learned that she will come home but only when she is ready and has made sure to find a pile of unidentifiable stinky poo to roll in. I always fear she will get hit by a car also. Albert - you are a lucky dog!!!