Asking For Help

This morning George attacked Albert and tore a hole in his neck.

I have to take him to the vet and just don't have the cash to pay for it.

Any PayPal assistance is a great help...thanks!

George attacked Albert 2x this week. I've been bitten three times and of all days...I slipped at work after a thunderstorm and landed on my tailbone.

I come home to get Albert out of the rain and George locked onto him. Then I finally got him off and he locked again.

Sadly, this is it, I have to put George down after 8 months of trying to rehabilitate him. A sad day indeed.

Joe

===========

Update 9:13 am CST
Albert is in surgery now and I think he will be OK. He really got gashed and the right side of his neck was tore apart. I will be straight up to all dog lovers that want to help. It will cost around $500. Many of you have been generous to date and to ask for help again is probably not quite right.

The worst part of all this is I have to put George down. I love this dog and travel in the car with him daily. We go everywhere together. He goes to work with me at night and sleeps in the car. I've already cried for about two hours thinking about this, but I have no other choice. I've already been bitten three times this week alone in fights. I have scars on both arms because George attacks Albert and then Albert bites me trying to save him and get them free.

George is fine with me. He has never made any attempt to bite me, it is just his trigger with other dogs. 95% of the time he is fine, but that 5% is really adding up. Nobody will ever adopt him.

The irony of all this is only just yesterday, with the help of a friend, did I decide to put both Sally and Albert up for adoption with running ads! I was going to keep George alone.

Then I slip and fall this morning at 4:25am at work, fall on my tailbone hard. I felt faint, filled out a work injury report, drank some juice and left early. I get to my car to find George literally ate half my front seat. The thunderstorm scared him and got him agitated. I drive home worried that I won't be able to cover my shift this evening, get home, park the car, and BOOM...George jumps on Albert.

This was one of the only times I broke up the fight and didn't get bit.

Albert is out of surgery and should be home by 4:30pm today.

===========================================
Update 12:42 pm CST
Hey...no way this day could get worse right?


HOW ABOUT A TORNADO WARNING!!!

The city warning siren is going off now

Thunder and lightning on steroids

You know it's bad when the radio station goes to
all weather call ins from around every county.

Gotta love life


Update 04:13 pm CST
Albert is back from surgery and healing. He is still groggy. The wound was much deeper than expected and he has a drain tube inserted which will have to be removed next week.

I experienced the longest drive of my life. I drove 2000 miles to TN in a flash, but the one mile to drop off George for his final rest was longer than my lifespan. These dogs really get a grip on ya!


2 comments:

The Abrells said...

Whoa...talk about some tough times. How are you holding up through this Joe?

Stephen said...

Dude, that totally sucks. Beth and I hate to have Sage put down a few years ago after her third biting incident and it's just a terrible experience. But it sounds to me that you made the wise choice.