Albert Recovering Well

Thanks again to all the emails and private messages about both George and Albert.

Dogs are amazing...Albert has weathered all of this so well. He just moves along like nothing happened. He has slept more than usual and always wants to run. I think he misses the exercise.

Sally has adjusted OK as well. There is a big void in the house, and in a strange way, this is something I need to experience. The whole ordeal has made me much more sympathetic and empathetic towards others.

My current neighbor has cancer and the George incident has allowed me to feel the pain of his wife and family more deeply. In a few words, "I get it"...yet not to the extent of a wife and children towards their father.

What George taught me is quality over quantity. I only had the dog for about eight months, but it was a 24/7 kinda thing. I have known people for 20 years and not felt as close.

There is a spacial community amongst dog lovers.

As an old neighbor's dad once remarked, "I don't trust people that don't like dogs!"

No comments: