The Powerful Impact of a Pet

At work last night I came in for my shift and asked my co-worker how she was (usual greeting small talk).

She told me her cat Elmo was killed.

OH MAN...what do you say to that!

I was hurt for her. I could hear it in her voice, see it in her eyes that her baby died.

Sadly, she found Elmo lying in the street, his big bushy tale along the side of the road. As she pulled up, she saw his dead eyes starring at her.
What I have learned in life is that when a significant event takes place in another's life, it is extremely important to stop whatever I am doing and focus on that other person. These events do not happen often, but when they do, STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN. Take the time to hear the other person's story and without using words, just be there with them.

Take a few minutes today and give thanks for your pet...they might be gone tomorrow!

RIP Elmo

1 comment:

Nibbles Treats said...

What a touching story and thank you for taking the time to listen. To some people, their pets are more important than their own family members.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker