LA Fires--AGAIN!

It was just a month ago that I experienced a serious fire close to home. Now it seems all of LA is in flames once again.

This time it was Sylmar, about three miles from home. The smoke was so bad I had to get out.

I was tired Friday night and went to bed at 10PM. At 10:48 I woke and smelled smoke.\

Not again!

I saw a red haze as I looked outside to the east.

By 2:30AM I had to get out. I called my dad and asked if I could crash at his place. I packed up all three dogs and headed out.

These fires have been a nightmare and over 500 homes, mostly senior citizens' were lost. Horrible. Unimaginable.

I had my own snag with a little dog bite I won't go into detail with. Let's just say it has been a long weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, that's intense. Are you back at home now?

Joe said...

Hey Matt
Thanks for stopping by.

Yup...at home. Feel like I traveled to Europe. My sleep schedule is whacked, I ache something bad--George attacked Albert last night, triggered by a neighbor's dog at my folks. I got bit worse than ever before. Both arms got it, left arm bad.

Time for some healin'

All part of the sacrifice to save dogs...they can't do it themselves. Pain draws me closer to the Lord, so all is good. I have a high tolerance for physical pain...even when I lose little chuck of my arm! lol

Kraig McNutt said...

You and the pups are in our prayers bro. Glad you're safe.