A Safe Place

I've had Sally for almost two weeks. I take her to the vet Tuesday to get her stitches out after being fixed.

Sally reminds me of an autistic child. She seems to have little emotional connection. I think she was a feral dog that will most likely always be wild at heart.

She sits in her crate 23.5 hours a day. She just sits and stares. This is not a good life for a dog. What the heck does a dog's mind contemplate? It seems her entire existence is to be safe. That's all she is interested in...being safe, and her crate is safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you mention a little more about the dog..I could help you better. How old is she? Where did you get her? How is her health prior to her getting fixed? what do you feed her? Is she an inside dog or out?

I worked at the Humane Society for many years and I usually could figure out what is wrong. :)