Life with Sparky


Sparky is back in town for the third time.
She will be around for a few weeks or so
as her owners are out of town.

Last night I decide to take her for a run.
I sorta perfected the run & bike with her.
This involves me riding on my bike as she
runs in front of me on a long rope/leash.
This is not for the timid or novice cyclist!
Sparky is a strong dog and once she gets
runnin’ she goes full steam ahead.
.

About 10:30pm I decide to give her a run.
Most car accidents occur close to home--
same with launching ol’ Sparky for a run.

I need to make sure the leash is clearly in sight
and untangled with no slack at all.
Any slack spells disasrter.

We were a block into things and she crossed in front of me.
In a few days this will not be a concern,
but I am getting back up to speed with Sparky
and the leash became snagged in my front wheel.
.
Within seconds, about four feet
of the leash was caught in a weblike mess.
I tried to untangle this but knew I needed about
ten minutes in a well lit place.

Oh yeah…I guess I forgot to mention one little thing-
EVERY dog in the neighborhood started barking!
I don’t mean a few dogs, I mean every dog within
five houses of where I stopped in the street.

Two dogs in front of the house we got hung up at
went insanely wild with barking.
I’m trying to untangle the wheel,
Sparky is pulling me left and barking
back at the dogs.

The owners come outside with a flashlight
wondering what all the commotion is about.
It was a bad scene at 10:45pm.
I got home, untangled the wheel and we went for another
quick ride. I fell back into the groove we had on
her last visit. When we got back I gave her a much
needed shower and shampoo.

This is a good doggy!

No comments: