Lost One Week Now...

Hard to believe they are gone. No more running around the house or yard. No more barking when the neighbor rides his motorcycle. Just silence. A cold silence in the house.

The hardest part for me by far is the weather. We have had storms one day after another. Where are the dogs? Where is Albert and Sally?

My friends let me borrow their dog for a few days. It has been nice, but the sadness remains.

What is weird is since the dogs have been lost, all these job offers have poured in. Talk about mixed guilt! Having the dogs was a real strain on decision making for me right now. My life is anything but settled. Without the dogs, I am free to go. Two job offers required just that.

IF CHRIST HAD A DOG
I wonder if Christ had a dog
Loyal and loving like mine;
With two silky ears, and a nose round and wet,
and eyes brown and tender that shine.

I'm afraid that He hadn't, because I have read
How he prayed in the garden alone,
For all of his friends and disciples had fled,
Even Peter, the one called a 'stone'.

And oh, I am sure that dog
With a heart so tender and warm,
Would never have left Him to suffer alone,
But, creeping right under His arm,
Would have licked those dear fingers in agony clasped,
And counting all favors but loss,
When they took Him away, would have trotted behind
And followed Him quite to the cross.

Gotta love dogs....


.

No comments: